Friday, March 20, 2009

Crazy Mei Tai Construction Design

The funniest thing that happened at the Carried in Comfort babywearing meeting. I was showing them my Parents of Invention mei tai. Kat (the leader) asked me what I thought about the different angles of the straps as she pointed out that one strap was angled down. I had never noticed this before! Now, I have inspected my mei tai and checked the stitching many times, but I never noticed the bizarre angle of the strap. Aside from being a little embarrassed that I had never noticed this major detail, I was flabbergasted as to why it would be like that. "For a hip carry?" Was the only thing I could come up with. I emailed the Parents of Invention and asked them about it. They said it was done on purpose. But what purpose? They didn't say. I can only assume that it is to aid in the comfort of a hip carry... but only on your left hip. Sorry, lefties! This mei tai is not for you.

1 comment: